Sisters of St. Ann celebrate 160th anniversary
The 160th anniversary of the Sisters of St. Ann arriving in Victoria will be celebrated on June 2.
The sisters first arrived in Victoria on June 6, 1858 then built schools, hospitals and homes for the underprivileged. The building on Humboldt operated as a Catholic girls school and convent until it closed in 1973.
It was bought by the B.C. government's public works department then later condemned by the city of Victoria.
Parts of the building have been restored, and it now operates as a museum, rental hall, and office space.
There will be a special Mass of Thanksgiving at 10:30, then the BC Royal Museum will have an exhibition starting at 1:30.