Foodies Rock: This Year I'm Going To...
The Montreal Gazette's dining critic, Lesley Chesterman, chats all things food-related every Wednesday morning at 7:10am. This morning, she had a list of must-tries in 2018 for food lovers:
- Eat earlier
- Make it homemade: pasta, jam, bread, cookies…
- Tell the waiter what you think!
- Get out of town! Eat at Colombe St-Pierre’s restaurant!
- Get as much clutter as possible off the kitchen counter
- Show up for your restaurant reservation
- Get to that restaurant you always wanted to try
- Try an oyster, a kidney, a vegetarian main course…
- Have more friends over for dinner
- Experiment with more international recipes
- Drink less but drink better
- Get the kids in to the kitchen more often
FOODIE EVENT ALERT:
New York Times Food Editor, Sam Sifton in conversation with Joe Beef's David McMillan
January 16, 2018, 7pm, Corona Theatre (2490 Notre Dame West). Tickets HERE.
SET YOUR PVRs!
Lesley Chesterman will be hosting 100 ans à table, a documentary about the history and evolution of Quebec cuisine featuring some of the biggest chefs and restaurateurs.
Thursday, January 11, 2018 at 8pm on Tele-Quebec
Repeats: Friday, January 12 at 1pm, Sunday, January 14 at 8pm, and Wednesday, January 17 at 10pm