WATCH: Plinko debuted on The Price Is Right 35 years ago!
One of The Price Is Right's most popular games, Plinko debuted on January 3, 1983. It was created by Frank Wayne and originally boasted a grand prize of $25,000!
Here are some fun facts about the game from CBS:
- The game was named Plinko because of the "plink, plink, plink" noises the pucks makes as they make their way down the board.
- The first contestant (see below) walked away with $6,500.
- There are only 10 authorized Plinko pucks which are stored under lock and key after every use.
- On September 27, 2013, an all-Plinko episode of The Price Is Right aired.
- A special stick is always kept nearby in case one of the pucks gets stuck. If it does, it is up to the host to dislodge it and the contestant gets another shot.
Here are some classic clips of the popular game: