52nd Annual CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish
2018 will mark the 52nd Annual CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish.
The CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish program has become one of the largest distributors of toys to children in need in the Greater Toronto Area. The program also provides financial assistance to hundreds of agencies, ensuring that hundreds of thousands of children across the GTA enjoy a holiday experience.
The program runs from Monday, November 19th through to Monday, December 24th at Noon.
In 2017, with the help of RBC and donations from our listeners and viewers, the CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish, in conjunction with Toronto Social Services, supported hundreds of thousands of individuals through toy and financial assistance.
Soliciting toy donations for families in need and particularly financial donation. The CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish is in need of financial donations and those can easily be made online at thewish.ca
Where can donations be made?
Financial donations in the form of cash or cheques and toy donations in the form of new, unwrapped toys for newborns to kids 18 years of age will be accepted at the following locations:
- CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish Headquarters - 299 Queen Street West, Toronto
- Most RBC Royal Bank branches in the Greater Toronto Region.
- CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish Warehouse – 1366 Blundell Road, Mississauga
- Online at thewish.ca
- Text WISH to 30333 to donate $10 (this charge will appear on your phone bill)
Key Toys We are Looking For:
Children in the two age groups below are sometimes difficult to shop for and often overlooked by donors making them key groups we like to encourage donations to. Below is a listing of gift ideas that could be suitable for both age groups.
Infants & Babies
Make sure the toy is age appropriate by the manufacturer’s age rating (0 – 6 months) and
(3 months+) are in highest demand:
- No ‘button’ eyes or noses – features must be soft and sewn on securely
- Package should say ‘Infant Friendly’ or ‘Baby’s First’, ‘Infantino’, etc.
- Developmental toys (Fisher Price, Baby Einstein, Playskool, Leap Frog Baby)
- No small parts
Children Ages 10 to 18 Years Old
- Gift cards (Hudson's Bay, Walmart, H&M, Cineplex, Shoppers Drug Mart, Rexall, Gap, Stitches, Chapters, Coles, Old Navy, Garage, Blue Notes, Toys R Us, etc)
- Sports equipment (soccer, basketball, football, hockey, skateboards, scooters, etc.)
- Bicycles, Bicycle helmets
- Cosmetics (age appropriate: 16 – 18 years old)
- Personal care and grooming gift packs
- Hair products and accessories (curling irons, blow dryers, shavers, beard groomers, etc.)
- Diaries and journals
- Creative and craft supplies
- Purses, knapsacks/backpacks
- clock radios
- Electronic games
CLICK HERE for more details