Flooding: volunteering, fundraisers and compensation information
Here are some links and resources related to this spring's historic floods.
Where can I volunteer for cleanup efforts?
Several volunteer-driven efforts are underway, or are being organized, for the Montreal area:
• A volunteer cleanup involving nine municipalities in the Vaudreuil-Soulanges area (off-island) is being organized for June 2,3 and 4. Click here for more information.
• The borough of Pierrefonds-Roxboro has started a volunteer registry. To give your name and information for the registry, email email@example.com. Also, their big cleanup is set to take place on Saturday, May 27, according to the borough's Facebook page.
• Vaudreuil-Soulanges MP Peter Schiefke is also compiling a volunteer list for his area. To sign up, fill out the Google form.
How can I apply for financial assistance from the Quebec government?
• Ile Perrot: Quebec's public security ministry is expected to host an information session on Thursday, May 25 at 7:30 p.m. at Ile Perrot's community centre. It's expected to deal with financial compensation.
• Hurley's Irish Pub is holding a fundraiser over three nights next week to benefit flood victims. Wednesday night, May 24 will be a Bob Dylan-themed party night, hosted by TSN 690's Mitch Melnick.
• Pierrefonds Comprehensive High School is hosting a benefit concert on Wednesday, May 24 at the Steve Murphy Auditorium. Show begins at 7.