ANDREW: Kelly's Orchard Fruit Crumble - and fave cookie recipe
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- 6 cups peaches, nectarines, plums and cherries (about 2 peaches, 2 nectarines, 2 plums and a dozen cherries)
- ¾ cup sugar (taste the fruit and use less sugar if the fruit is very sweet)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine fruits, granulated sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, and salt. Transfer to an 8-inch square baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix flour, sugars, salt and cinnamon. Cut chilled, unsalted butter into pieces. With your hands, work in butter pieces, until large clumps form.
- Bake until center is bubbling, 40 to 50 minutes, tenting loosely with foil after 30 minutes. Let cool 20 minutes before serving.