Another busy weekend for Turcot roadwork
As thousands of Montrealers prepare to get out of town for spring break with the kids, Transport Quebec wants to remind people that those working to build new Turcot interchange won't be taking a holiday.
Here's the list of closures that will be in effect for the weekend of March 2 in and around the Turcot:
• Route 136 (the Ville-Marie) westbound will be completely closed between exit 5 and the St. Pierre interchange from Friday night at midnight until Monday at 5 a.m.
• The 136 eastbound will be closed between the Turcot and Cathedral/Notre Dame Sts. during the same time period.
• St. Antoine east and Hotel-de-Ville access ramps to the 136 west will go down on Friday night at 11:30 through Monday at 5 a.m.
• The ramp from the 15 north to the 20 west will be closed all weekend starting Friday night at midnight; so will the ramp from the 15 south to the 20 west.
• The 15 south ramp to the 136 east will be closed; so will the 20 east ramp to the 15 north.
• The Ste. Anne de Bellevue Blvd. access ramp to the 20 west will be closed starting Friday at 10 p.m.; the 20 east ramp will close Friday night at midnight.
Further west, there are still more closures:
• The 20 east will be closed between exit 62 (1st Ave./St. Pierre Ave./Dollard Ave.) and Angrignon.
• The access ramp from the 138 to the 20 east will be closed starting on Friday at 10 p.m.
Meanwhile, St. Jacques St. will once again be closed to traffic between Decarie Blvd. and De Courcelle St. in St. Henri, from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. on Monday. Once again, a shuttle bus service will be in place throughout the weekend from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. to ferry people between St. Henri and the Glen Hospital area.