Bail hearing postponed again for Concordia bomb threat accused

The man charged in connection with last week's Concordia University bomb threat will stay behind bars for two more days as his bail hearing was postponed again.

The lawyer for Hisham Saadi received new evidence in the case this morning.

"I have to go over all the evidence. I've been given something relatively weighty so I have to go over the evidence," Caroline Braun told reporters after the brief hearing.

Crown prosecutor Lucie Martineau said the evidence is "sizeable."

Saadi is charged with inciting fear of terrorism, uttering threats and public mischief. He's been detained since his arrest last week.

On Wednesday, hundreds of staff and students were forced out from three of Concordia's downtown buildings following a bomb threat targetting Muslim students.

Police said they found no explosives or indendiary devices on site or at the Côte-des-Neiges apartment where Saadi was arrested.

Saadi appeared in court briefly to hear that he'd be back later this week for a bail hearing. He appeared calm, with his hair cut shorter and his beard shaved off.

Last week, lawyers indicated the bail hearing would take about 1 1/2 hours but the crown said today they expect to take up half a day.