Children, civilians among at least 100 killed in Syria bomb blast

BEIRUT - An opposition activist group and a TV station run by Lebanon's Hezbollah say more than 3,000 people are expected to be evacuated from four villages as part of a population transfer that was briefly stalled by a deadly suicide blast. The explosion killed more than 100 people and left scores more injured. 

The United Nations is not overseeing the transfer deal of the villages of Foua and Kfraya, besieged by rebels, and Madaya and Zabadani, encircled by the government.

The Head of the Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, Rami Abdurrahman, and Hezbollah's Al-Manar TV said Sunday that 3,000 people are to be evacuated from Foua and Kfarya, while 200 will be evacuated from Zabadani and Madaya.

Abdurrahman said the blast hit an area where thousands of government loyalists evacuated the day before and had been waiting for hours.

(The Associated Press)