Children's hospital reports cases of carbon monoxide poisoning in children since snow storm

The Montreal Children's Hospital Trauma center says it has seen several cases of carbon monoxide poisoning in children since the snow storm.

It stresses never leave your child alone in an idling car. 

It adds remove the snow from your car prior to starting the engine and ensure the exhaust pipe is clear.

After a large snowfall, the exhaust pipe can become blocked by snow, and idling can produce carbon monoxide poisoning inside the car leading to death. 

It also says never leave your car running inside the garage even if the garage door is open. 

According to the hopsital, mild poisoning can cause headaches, dizziness, nausea, vomiting and fatigue. 

More serious exposure can result in fainting, convulsions, coma and even death.