Cote St. Luc couple die from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning

An elderly couple was found dead inside a home in Côte St. Luc Wednesday, possibly of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Firefighters arrived at the split-level home on Cavendish Blvd. near Fleet Rd. shortly after 9:00 p.m. Crews found the bodies in a bedroom above the garage. 

The cause of death has not been determined but first responders found a car that appeared to have been left idling in the garage for so long that it ran out of gas.

Investigators believe the fumes from the car filled the bedroom above the garage with the deadly gas.