Hockey Night in Montreal, What you need to know before Game 1
The Habs drive for 25 gets the green light tonight.
The Montreal Canadiens open the first round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs with Game one against the New York Rangers at the Bell Centre.
For the superstitious types out there, which includes almost every hockey fan everywhere, Ginette Reno will be back to sing O Canada.
If you don't have tickets but still want to take part in the fun, the popular Fan Jam is open three hours before every home game, and this year includes even more activities for Habs fans young and old.
If you are lucky enough to hold a ticket for Game 1, the organization released a few notes to help make your and everyone else's experience an easy and safe one.
- All home games start at 7:00 p.m. (not the usual 7:30 p.m. on weekdays).
- Ticket holders are encouraged to arrive at the Bell Centre no later than 6:30 P.M. to ensure sufficient time to access the arena.
- Most playoff tickets have been issued in a mobile format. If this is what you have, please ensure you have downloaded the Canadiens' official mobile app and can view your tickets on your app *in advance* of arriving at the Bell Centre.
- Fans will need to pass through security to access the Bell Centre. Backpacks, laptop cases and other oversized bags are prohibited and should not be brought to the building.
- The Canadiens have planned an extensive pregame show. In order not to miss it we encourage ticket holders to be in their seats by 6:50 P.M.