Man pleads guilty to threatening alleged Quebec City mosque shooter
A man pleaded guilty Thursday to uttering death threats against Alexandre Bissonnette, the Quebecer charged with first-degree murder in the mosque shootings earlier this year.
Mohamed-Amine Ben-Faras, 33, told members of Quebec City's Muslim community he is the nephew of Azzedine Soufiane, one of the six men shot to death in January.
The Crown withdrew a charge of uttering threats against Bissonnette's family.
Ben-Faras told the judge he arrived in Quebec from London and headed to the mosque to try to understand the circumstances surrounding the shooting deaths.
He admitted to threatening Bissonnette and said he was very angry.
He will be sentenced on Friday afternoon.
Bissonnette faces six charges of first-degree murder and five of attempted murder using a restricted firearm.
His case will return to court May 29.