RECIPE: Here's to snacking better in 2019
These are a great mid-afternoon snack or a quick breakfast to take on the go! Makes approximately 30 balls, depending on the size you make them.
- 1 cup whole almonds, toasted
- 1 cup pitted dates
- ½ cup golden raisins (you can use a whole cup of raisins and omit the dried cranberries)
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup pitted prunes
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 tsps maple syrup
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- Sesame seeds, cocoa powder or shredded coconut, for coating the bites
- Pulse all the ingredients in a food processor or blender until evenly blended, scraping the bowl if needed.
- Use a small ice cream scoop or a tablespoon to scoop truffle-sized portions of the mixture and shape into balls between your hands. To coat the energy bites, dip your hands in a little water to held the coating stick to the bites and roll it in the coating of your choice.
- The bites can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.