Restaurant damaged by fire in Ste. Anne de Bellevue

Dozens of firefighters were called out to fight a major fire late Tuesday morning at a restaurant in Ste. Anne de Bellevue.

The blaze broke out after 11 a.m. at Marco's Bar and Grill at 82 Ste. Anne St. No one was inside the establishment at the time, and no one was hurt.

Warren, a resident of Ste. Anne de Bellevue, told CJAD 800 he passed along the thoroughfare — popularly known as simply The Strip — just as the blaze was at its smokiest.

"The entire roof of the second story is gone," he says. "The whole second story is completely destroyed, and smoke and water damage to the main floor...is very, very extensive."

The strong winds, he says, help fan the flames, and keep the fire going for much of the early part of the afternoon.