RICARDO: Chocolate-covered Almonds and Raisins
PREPARATION 10 MIN
WAITING 30 MIN
FREEZING 45 MIN
OUTPUT 2 ⅔ CUPS (650 ML)
- 1 cup (150 g) almonds, roasted
- 1/2 cup (70 g) raisins
- 8 oz (225 g) milk chocolate, melted and tempered
- 2 tsp cocoa powder (optional)
- Place the almonds and raisins on a large plate. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Place the cold almonds and raisins in a bowl. Cover with half of the chocolate and stir to coat. Freeze for 15 minutes. Break apart any clusters that have formed.
- If the remaining chocolate has thickened, melt and temper again. Drizzle over the nuts and raisins, and stir well to coat. Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat, separating the pieces. Dust with cocoa powder, if desired. Let rest for 30 minutes or until the chocolate has set completely. The chocolate-covered almonds and raisins will keep for 3 weeks in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Wrap the treats in plastic or paper pouches and give as a gift.