RICARDO: Crab Cake Sandwiches
PREPARATION 20 MIN
COOKING 8 MIN
- 20 soda crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) harissa sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lime juice
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) dry mustard
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) canned crab or snow crab meat, drained
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil
- 4 Kaiser buns
- Homemade Ketchup, to taste (see recipe)
- Mayonnaise, to taste
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 Boston or curly lettuce leaves
- Salt and pepper
- In a bowl, combine the crackers with the sour cream, egg, harissa sauce, tomato paste, lime juice, parsley, and mustard. Add the crabmeat and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. With your hands, shape four patties.
- In a large skillet, brown the patties in the oil for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Toast the buns.
- Generously spread homemade ketchup on the bottom buns and top with the patties. Add tomato slices and lettuce. Close with the top buns.