RICARDO: Grilled Pork Chops with Figs
PREPARATION 15 MIN
COOKING 12 MIN
MARINATING 2 H
- 4 pork chops, about 1 1/2 inches (4 cm) thick, the bone and fat removed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 lb (450 g) asparagus, trimmed
- 2 fresh figs, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) celery leaves, roughly chopped
- In a glass dish or large sealable plastic bag, coat the meat with the basil and 1 tbsp (15 ml) of the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cover the dish or seal the bag and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to medium-high. Oil the grate.
- Grill the chops for 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium rare. Let rest for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drizzle the asparagus with the remaining oil and grill for 2 to 4 minutes on each side. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the pork chops on a platter. Garnish with the asparagus, figs and celery leaves. Drizzle with a little olive oil. Serve with two-celery purée with Parmesan (see recipe).