RICARDO: One-Pot Lasagna
PREPARATION 40 MIN
COOKING 55 MIN
- 2 carrots, cut into small dice
- 2 stalks celery, cut into small dice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 lb (450 g) ground meat (mixture of veal, beef and pork)
- 2 spicy Italian sausages, casing removed
- 2 ½ cups (625 ml) tomato sauce
- 1 package (360 g) fresh lasagna noodles
- 1 can (14 oz/398 ml) diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp basil leaves, torn
- 2 cups (200 g) grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups (475 g) ricotta cheese
- Salt and pepper
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large 11-inch (28 cm) ovenproof non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, soften the vegetables in the oil. Add the ground meat and sausage. Cook the meat, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat. Set aside half of the meat mixture in a bowl.
- In the same skillet, add ¾ cup (180 ml) of the tomato sauce to the remaining meat mixture and combine. Cover with lasagna noodles, cutting them if needed. Layer with the diced tomatoes and basil. Sprinkle with ½ cup (50 g) of the mozzarella. Cover with lasagna noodles and the reserved meat mixture. Add ¾ cup (180 ml) of the tomato sauce. Cover with lasagna noodles and the ricotta. Season generously with salt and pepper. Cover with lasagna noodles, the remaining tomato sauce (1 cup/250 ml) and the remaining mozzarella (1 ½ cups/150 g).
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.