RiCARDO: One Pot Mac and Cheese
PREPARATION 15 MIN
COOKING 30 MIN
- 4 oz (115 g) pancetta, diced. (Or use regular bacon)
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3 cups (750 ml) chicken broth
- 2 cups (500 ml) milk
- 2 1/4 cups (340 g) elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mascarpone cheese
- 2 cups (200 g) grated sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large pot or deep skillet over medium-high heat, brown the pancetta. Add the spices and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add the broth and milk. Bring to a boil and add the macaroni. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 15 to 18 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheeses. Season with pepper.