RICARDO: Parsnip Pancakes with Crab and Salsa Verde
PREPARATION 30 MIN
COOKING 30 MIN
- 1/4 cup (10 g) chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup (10 g) chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup (10 g) chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 cup (150 g) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (150 g) peeled and grated potato
- 1/2 cup (50 g) peeled and grated parsnip
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) sour cream
- 2 cups (400 g) fresh crabmeat, or frozen and thawed
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- In a third bowl, whisk together the milk and eggs. Stir in the potato, parsnip and dry ingredients.
- In a large, lightly buttered non-stick skillet over medium heat, cook a few pancakes at a time, using 2 tbsp (30 ml) of batter for each pancake. Slightly spread the batter and gently flip when the edges are golden brown and bubbles have formed on the surface. Cook until golden brown and cooked through.
- Top the pancakes with sour cream, salsa verde and crabmeat. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.