RICARDO: Persian Herb Frittata
PREPARATION 40 MIN | COOKING 20 MIN | SERVINGS 8
- 1 leek, chopped
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 2 cups (90 g) parsley, finely chopped
- 2 cups (90 g) cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 cup (45 g) dill, finely chopped
- 2 cups (60 g) spinach, finely chopped
- 1 cup (50 g) lettuce, finely chopped
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup (50 g) whole walnuts
- 1 tbsp dried unsweetened cranberries (optional) or barberries (see note)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, soften the leek and green onions in 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the oil. Add the herbs, spinach and lettuce and continue cooking for 2 minutes, stirring. Drain.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, turmeric, salt and pepper. Add the herb mixture, walnuts and cranberries, if using.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to broil.
- In an oven-safe non-stick skillet about 8 inches (20 cm) in diameter, over medium heat, add the remaining oil. Pour the egg mixture overtop, cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the sides begin to brown. Remove the lid and bake in the oven for 3 minutes.
- Unmould onto a serving plate. Delicious with our herbed rice with pan-fried trout recipe.