RICARDO: Seared Scallops on Celery Root
PREPARATION 20 MIN | COOKING 15 MIN | SERVINGS 4
Celery Root Purée
- 2 cups (500 ml) celery root, peeled and diced
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) 35% cream, approximately
- Salt and pepper
- 12 large scallops
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) butter
- A few sprigs of fresh chervil or chives
- In a pan of salted boiling water, cook the celery root and garlic until tender. Drain
- In the bowl of a food processor, purée the celery root and garlic until smooth. Add the cream. Season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
- Pat the scallops dry with paper towels.
- In a large non-stick skillet over high heat, sear the scallops in the oil and butter for about 2 minutes on each side. Season with salt and pepper.
- In each plate, draw three lines with the celeriac purée using a spoon and place a scallop on each line. Drizzle with a few drops of good olive oil. Season with pepper. Garnish with chives or chervil. Serve immediately.
Note: The celery rook purée can be cooked in advance.