RICARDO: Thousand-Herb Spaghetti
- 3/4 lb (375 g) spaghetti
- 3/4 cup (53 g) Parmesan cheese. grated
- 1/2 cup (23 g) parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup (10 g) basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup (10 g) cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup (10 g) chives, chopped
- 1/4 cup (10 g) arugula, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, zest finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) olive oil
- Espelette pepper, to taste
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the spaghetti until al dente. Keep 1/2 cup (125 ml) of the cooking water aside. Drain the spaghetti and oil lightly. Place in a large bowl.
- Add the Parmesan, herbs and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In the same pot that was used to cook the pasta, sauté the garlic in the oil. Pour over the pasta. Add the cooking water and toss well. Adjust the seasoning and add Espelette pepper to taste.
- 4. If desired, top with more grated Parmesan cheese before serving. Eat warm or at room temperature.