Toyota expands recall because of potentially deadly airbag problem
Toyota is expanding its recall of thousands of its cars because of a potentially deadly problem with its Takata air bag inflators.
The carmaker's Canadian arm says 121,900 additional vehicles are targeted by the recall in Canada. More than 600,000 vehicles are being targeted in the U.S.
The following Canadian models are involved in the recall:
• 2009 Model Year Toyota Corolla
• 2009 Model Year Toyota Corolla Matrix
• 2009 Model Year Toyota Yaris
• 2009 Model Year Lexus IS250/350
• 2009 Model Year Lexus IS-F
• 2009 Model Year Lexus ES350
Known owners of those vehicles will be notified by early March, and dealers would then replace front passenger inflators or air bag assemblies at no additional cost.