WATCH: East end house explosion and fire after contractor hits gas line
Three people suffered non-life threatening injuries in an east end gas explosion and fire.
It happened Friday afternoon involving a house in Mercier-Hochelaga-Maisonneuve.
A contractor was working on the foundation of the house on Taillon near Pierre de Coubertin and struck a natural gas line, which ignited and caused the disaster.
The 2-storey house burned to the ground, but there was no one inside at the time of the blast.
Some area homes were evacuated.
A gas company employee suffered facial burns, a firefighter was hurt on his knee and a resident was injured during the evacuation.