WATCH: Ottawa changes rules for air travellers as 3 more airport workers lose security clearance

Federal Transport Minister Marc Garneau confirmed Monday three more Trudeau Airport employees have had their security cards taken away.

"Two weeks ago I asked my department to examine the protocols and risk factors that exist at Trudeau Airport - we do this from time to time at all airports - and three people had their security clearance temporarily revoked because we are in the process of investigating certain details" Garneau said.

All three employees continue to work at the airport.

"I cannot give you specific details for obvious reasons, but I can confirm that we do it from time to time" he added.

The three security suspensions come on the heels of a report by the TVA program J.E. which revealed four other employees lost their clearance in recent months. Two of those employees reportedly showed signs of radicalization.

Garneau told reporters the 16,000 employees with access to secure areas at Trudeau Airport undergo a review every 24 hours with information linked to police databases. The procedure has been in place for a long time, and Garneau added in the past two years it has resulted in more than 1,000 employees losing access to certain areas due to their being unreliable, incompetent or for a medical reason.

The Minister and Aeroports de Montreal officials maintain there are several security measures in place that make it among the most secure locations there is.

Meantime, Federal Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale says today's announcement about new security measures for flights coming to Canada from undisclosed locations was based on evidence.
   

Goodale added that the Liberal government is taking all the necessary precautions to make sure that Canadians are kept safe.
   

Transport Minister Marc Garneau made the announcement earlier this afternoon, but would not offer any other details.