WATCH: Radio Canada retracts story about SQ chief in wake of Hwy 13 fiasco
Radio-Canada is now apologizing after running a story about last month's big snowstorm that stranded hundreds of people for more than 12 hours on Highway 13.
An investigate report suggested the chief of the Surete du Quebec was getting ready to go on vacation to Barbados, while the situation on the highway turned from bad to worse.
It also said assistants who were supposed to replace him, didn't.
Chief Martin Prud'homme denied the allegations and said he left for his vacation on March 21, a week after the record breaking storm.
Radio Canada admits it got the story wrong and has apologized.