Here's 7 Badass Women We Love On International Women's Day
Happy International Women's Day! We're super thankful for the females in our lives, today and the other 364 days of the year. Here's a few that come to mind immediately.
- First up, a young lady who's been in the news the last couple of days. 5 year old Edith Fuller, who just became the youngest person to qualify for the National Spelling Bee: http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/07/us/spelling-bee-5-year-old-youngest-contestant-trnd/
- How about the Black Mambas, an all-female South African group who fight poachers every damn day: http://www.blackmambas.org/
We featured them in DUDE News a few weeks ago:
If you're not familiar with Sara Fabel, she's not just one of the most badass tattoo artists in the game, who just happens to be female:
A post shared by Sara Fabel (@sarafabel) on Jan 12, 2017 at 11:29pm PST
- Meet The Beer Maven, a local beer blogger who I guarantee knows more about beer than you and I combined: http://www.beermaven.ca/
Follow her on Twitter HERE:
- Then, there's Joanna Jedrzejczyk, who has a very difficult last name to remember how to pronounce, but a highlight reel that's impossible to forget.
There's been a lot of talk about how the UFC is in a tight spot without Ronda Rousey going forward, but Joanna's not hard to market at all.
- How about Lady GaGa? We knew she had the rock and roll chops, after she dropped THIS on Howard Stern last year:
But then she came out and killed it alongside the greatest hard rock band to ever walk the earth at The Grammys a few weeks ago. That's pretty badass:
- And finally, YOU. Because, you listen to CJAY 92, and we love you for it. Happy International Womens Day!