$data.PageTitle

Firefighters were called to the Skyline Plaza at 11873 Tecumseh Road in Tecumseh, Ont., on Sept. 3, 2019. (Chris Campbell / CTV Windsor)

Two people were taken to hospital after a fire at a multi-story apartment building in Tecumseh.

Emergency responders were called to the Skyline Plaza at 11873 Tecumseh Road, just east of Banwell Road on Tuesday morning.

Fire prevention officer Bob Hamilton tells CTV News it was an electric fire that appears to have started after crews were installing wise boxes to the electric panels inside.

Those boxes control lights, water features and other elements in a home.

Hamilton says one worker was sent to hospital with minor hand burns. One resident taken to hospital as precaution.

The fire was reportedly in a third floor residential unit.

Since I arrived at least 2 ambulances have left the scene with the lights and sirens going. OPP, EMS & Tecumseh Fire remain at Skyline Plaza East @ 11873 Tecumseh Rd E @CTVWindsor pic.twitter.com/fr7ItmHIim

— Chris Campbell (@CCampbellCTV) September 3, 2019