Saturday Fire At Shuswap Laundromat Doused

Resized_20190810_205914001

A Saturday night fire at Salmon Arm's Shuswap Laundromat was quickly managed.

Deputy Fire Chief Gary Lebeter says it was called in by people walking on Ross Street "Shortly after 8pm some people were walking past the laundromat and saw smoke coming from the building."

He tells us that a few people were rushed from the scene "There was some residents above the laundromat who were evacuated as a precautionary measure."

No one was injured.

Lebeter tells us the blaze was likely caused by something in a dryer "Our preliminary investigation has shown that it was possibly something inside the dryer."

Shuswap Laundromat is now open again, but minus a few dryers - for now.