We know the importance of getting a good night's rest and we're here to help you achieve just that!
Each weekday, we'll feature 1 easy-to-achieve sleep goal that will help create big changes in the way you get ready for sleep! K-Lite’s Morning Show will take part in the challenge and talk about some of the changes they’re noticing as well.
PLUS, enter below for the chance to be 1 of 10 lucky daily winners to be announced during the 10 Day Sleep Challenge! Each winner will receive a $200.00 gift card, courtesy of Sleep Country while also qualifying for the Grand Prize - A Queen size Bloom Air mattress and Bloom Box spring, 2 Ploom pillows, and a Queen size Bloom Topper!
Sleep Tip #1. Reduce Blue Light Exposure in the Evening
- Exposure to light during the day is beneficial, but nighttime light exposure has the opposite effect.
- Blue light is the worst in this regard, which is emitted in large amounts from electronic devices like smartphones and computers.
Sleep Tip #2: Don't Consume Caffeine Late in the Day
- A single dose of caffeine can enhance focus, energy and sports performance.
- Caffeine can stay in the blood for 6–8 hours. Therefore, drinking large amounts of coffee after 3–4 p.m. is not recommended.
- If you do crave a cup of coffee in the late afternoon or evening, then stick with decaffeinated coffee.
Sleep Tip #3: Reduce Irregular or Long Daytime Naps
- Taking long or irregular naps during the day can negatively affect your sleep.
- Sleeping in the daytime can confuse your internal body clock, meaning you may struggle to sleep at night.
Sleep Tip #4: Optimize Your Bedroom Environment
- The bedroom environment and its setup are key factors in getting a good night's sleep.
- This can include things such as temperature, noise, external lights and more.
- To enhance your bedroom environment, make sure your bedroom is a quiet, relaxing, clean and pleasant place.
Sleep Tip #5: Set Your Bedroom Temperature
- Body and bedroom temperature can also impact sleep quality.
- As you may have experienced during the summer or when on vacation, it can be very hard to get a good night's sleep when it's too warm.
- Around 20°C seems to be a comfortable temperature for most people.
Sleep Tip #6: Don't Eat Late in the Evening
- Late-night eating may negatively impact both sleep quality and the natural release of growth hormone and melatonin.
- That being said, a high-carb meal eaten a few hours before bedtime may help you fall asleep faster and improve sleep quality.
Sleep Country Tips:
Tip #1. A lot can change in 8 years… your mattress, your body and even the way you sleep…we recommend evaluating your sleep quality and your mattress 8 years after delivery. To learn more, visit any Sleep Country store and talk to a Sleep Expert, or visit https://www.sleepcountry.ca/. At Sleep Country, we’re All for Sleep.
Tip #2. Your diet and physical activity level, along with the type of mattress and pillow you have ….ALL play an important part in determining your quality of sleep. If you are not sleeping well, it may be time to buy a new mattress, pillows or accessories. For tips on how YOU can start enjoying a better night’s sleep, visit your local Sleep Country store or check us out online at https://www.sleepcountry.ca/
Tip #3. Feel like you aren’t getting enough sleep? Try maximizing the hours you do get with a mattress, pillows, sheets and duvets that provide excellent comfort. The less tossing and turning you do the better quality of sleep you get. For more tips on better sleep, talk to one of our Sleep Experts at a Sleep Country store, or visit https://www.sleepcountry.ca/
Tip #4. Did you know having a good night’s sleep isn’t JUST about having the proper mattress? There is actually a 3 part system to a better sleep! By going to a Sleep Country store and talking to a Sleep Expert, we’ll help you create a personalized sleep system that will help you get a better night’s sleep. At Sleep Country, we are ALL FOR SLEEP.
Tip #5. If a restful night’s sleep is something you only dream about, try keeping a regular sleep schedule. This will keep your internal sleep clock consistent and prevent drowsiness. Investing in the right sleep accessories can help maintain a regular sleep schedule. For more tips on better sleep, talk to one of our Sleep Experts at a Sleep Country store, or visit https://www.sleepcountry.ca/
No purchase necessary. Contest starts on November 5, 2018 at 12:00 a.m. ET and closes on November 16, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Open to legal residents of Ontario who are 18 years of age or older. Some restrictions apply. Correct answer to a mathematical skill testing question required. The approximate retail value of each of the nine qualifying prizes is $200.00 CAD. The approximate retail value of the grand prize is $2,500 CAD. Odds of becoming a qualifier will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the contest period. The odds of winning the grand prize are one in ten. Complete contest rules and entry available at www.1029klite.com.