Finding Your WAYHOME
There is nothing quite like outdoor festivals. The people, the general outdoor-sy-ness, the environment.. you can’t help but have a great time.
Well WAYHOME 2017 is coming up! July 28th – 30th, Burl’s Creek Event Grounds in Oro-Medonte, Ontario will be taken over by festival-goers ready to experience the kaleidoscope of sound, colour, and spectacle that is WAYHOME.
Whether you’ve won tickets from us or you are die-hards that bought your pairs, if you’re heading to the festival this July we want to make sure you have the best time possible. Which is why we’ve broken down the dos and don’ts of outdoor festivals – and what to bring to be 100% prepared. Because .. well .. you’re outside. Rain or shine.
K-Lite’s WAYHOME Checklist
Some campsites give you the space to have your vehicle, or an RV, parked with you. Other campsites will fit you + 5 people comfortably. If you are on the campsite where you have no vehicle with you, we suggest being fully prepared.
Water is an absolute must
- It’s July. And you’re probably dancing around to the great performances happening in front of you. Hydrate! Even if you bring a reusable cup to consistently re-fill. (How green of you!)
Fruit/Veggies for snacking
- Again .. It’s July. You need to keep your energy up and get your good sugars in!
Sunscreen & sun coverage (hats, umbrellas, sunglasses, etc)
- Enough said.
- All of it.
Change of clothes
- This outdoor festival is rain or shine. You don’t want to be that person who just brought two days-worth of clothes that are now soaked. Bring spare clothes + non-summer clothes (and maybe a rain coat and rain boots?). Some summer nights cool down quite a bit- so pants and a sweater would probably come in handy. (Oh. Those suummerrrr. Niiiiiiights)
A tent (or two. or three?)
- This one is pretty important too. You need somewhere to sleep on your campsite.
- Not as important as a tent, but pretty important.
- If we’re going to get real for a second.. outdoor festivals are not always great at restocking the toilet paper in the portable toilets. Maybe coming prepared for that would put you at ease if a situation arose.
There are also a few general rules to follow at WAYHOME. If you have any questions or need any additional info before you take off on your exciting weekend festival, check out their FAQs and festival info.
Also feel free to reference the WAYHOME festival map. It outlines the location of the festival area and where the campsites are. Definitely something to pack as well!