18 year olds overdose after smoking what they thought was cannabis

Police used naloxone on two teenagers who lost consciousness after smoking what they thought was cannabis.

Halton Regional Police officials say they were called to a home in Milton yesterday afternoon around 2 p.m where they found a pair of 18 year old men outside showing obvious signs of a suspected overdose.

One man regained consciousness after the first dose, while the second man needed an additional dose to come around. Both were taken to hospital.

Officers were told more than a dozen high school students had gathered at the home before the two men went outside to smoke the substance they had bought from a third party.

A neighbour witnessed the whole thing and called 911.