Why June 12th Matters In Rock History
It’s June 12th and here are some reasons why this day matters in rock history:
- In 1985, David Lee Roth confirmed he was leaving Van Halen.
- In 2005, Pink Floyd announced that they would reunite with former bassist Roger Waters, who left the band 20 years earlier. The set, which took place in July of that year at the Live 8 London concert, marked the first time the group played as a quartet since 1981’s The Wall tour.
- In 2006, Korn were forced to cancel their European tour after singer Jonathan Davis was hospitalized with a blood disorder.
- In 1977, the No. 1 single in the country was Fleetwood Mac’s “Dreams” off of their hit album, Rumours.
- In 1982, Bruce Springsteen, James Taylor and Jackson Browne were among the performers at a rally in Central Park, New York for nuclear disarmament. There were 450,000 fans in the crowd.
- And in 2009, the Beastie Boys played together for what would be the last time. It took place at the Bonnaroo Festival and soon after, Adam “MCA” Yauch would be diagnosed with cancer.
And that’s what happened today in rock history.
Original article by Dave Basner at iHeartRadio
Hunger doesn’t take a holiday. The Full Bus, Full Bellies event, in support of The Food Bank of Waterloo Region. Shoppers will be helping to fill a bus, provided by Elliot Coach Lines, as part of the Food Bank of Waterloo Region ½ Million Meal Challenge. Join a community-wide effort to raise food and funds so that children and their families from across Waterloo Region have access to nutritious meals throughout the summer. Come say “hi” to Phil the Bag while helping to ensure that no one goes hungry.
We are back for another year of fun! Kick off the summer & check out our licensed patios with the DTK PATIO CRAWL! The excitement begins at 5PM. Grab your friends, choose your adventure and discover your new favourite summer hangout. Pick up your passport from any of the participating patios to collect stickers along the way for your chance to win: one of two $500 Downtown Dollars prize packs + plenty of prizes from participating businesses. * Passports will be available at participating businesses closer to the event. **Completed passports can be dropped into the ballot box at each of the participating bars and restaurants night of the event.Free