Ottawa launches Job Bank app so Canadians can browse jobs more easily
Ottawa officially launched the Job Bank app on Thursday.
Available on both the App Store and Google Play, the app focuses on the job search and job alerts features of the Job Bank website.
The new app also offers Canadians:
- easy on-the-go job searching;
- customized job searches to meet the needs of applicants across Canada;
- use of geo-location to find jobs in a specified local area;
- the ability to add jobs to a favourites list for future applications;
- a free, secure space to view jobs; and
- a new platform to promote employers' jobs to thousands of potential employees.
Since its debut earlier this year, the app has been downloaded more than 50,000 times.
Job Bank is a free, bilingual website that provides access to job market information to help Canadians make informed career decisions.