Stan Cassidy Foundation Executive Director to step down
The Stan Cassidy Foundation says its Executive Director will be stepping down from her role at the end of next month.
In a press release earlier this week, the foundation says Alissa Lee will relinquish her role effective March 31, 2019 after eight years.
The Board of Directors has begun the process to select a new Executive Director and will collaborate with Lee to manage what it calls an "effective and seamless transition," for the Foundation's work.
According to the organization, Lee was at the helm for the following major events:
- settling a land claim with the provincial government on the Stan Cassidy's former site
- establishing an endowment
- developing a comprehensive set of charitable programs that benefit Stan Cassidy Care patients, their families and clinicians
- raising nearly $5-million in cash and products from individuals, businesses, community groups and other granting organizations
- growing the foundation's supporter base to more than 6,000
- advancing the profile and practice of assisting technologies
Board Chair Mary Butler says, "We thank Alissa for her dedication and leadership. The foundation has benefited from her work in creating and growing new revenue streams and in growing our base of donors, sponsors and volunteers."