Arrest Made After Multiple Break & Enters
On September 29, 2018, members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Sudbury Detachment and the Crime Unit investigated a series of Break & Enters and Thefts from cabins on Tower Bay Road, Windy Lake in Cascadden Township, Ontario. The incidents occurred between September 13, 2018 and September 29, 2018. Numerous items were stolen including vehicles, household items and tools.
On October 1, 2018, police located the suspect in one of the cabins. Douglas GRATTON, 42 years of age, from Greater Sudbury was arrested and charged with the following:
- Driving while Disqualified - court order contrary to section 259(4) of the Criminal Code (CC) x 2
- Break, Enter a place - commit indictable offence contrary to section 348(1)(b) of the CC x 5
- Possession Property Obtained by Crime under 5000 contrary to section 355(b) of the CC x 4
- Possession Property Obtained by crime over 5000 contrary to section 355(a) of the CC x 2
- Fail to Comply with Recognizance contrary to section 145(3) x 2
- Possession Break In Instruments contrary to section 351(1) of the CC
The accused appeared before the Ontario Court of Justice in Sudbury, Ontario on Tuesday, October 2, 2018 for a Bail Hearing. He remains in custody with a next court appearance date of Thursday, October 4, 2018 at 10:00a.m by Video Remand.
Most of the stolen property has been returned to the victims.