Firefighter Applications Open
If being a firefighter is your dream good news! Greater Sudbury is accepting applications until January 18th for the possition.
The applications cost $102 and those who apply will also participate in aptitude exams, physical testing, and interviews. To qualify you must have a highschool diploma, those with training in fire services will be given an advantage.
According to greatersudbury.ca duties for career firefighters include,
- Respond to fire alarms, medical aid calls and other calls for assistance
- Perform various rescue operations
- Drive emergency vehicles in all weather conditions in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and the Division's policies and procedures
- Prepare fire and emergency reports
- Educate the public about fire prevention and fire safety practices
- Respond to emergency hazardous materials situations
- Administer First Aid and CPR as required
- Ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment and cleanliness of all fire stations
- Participate in ongoing training to maintain a high level of physical fitness and competence regarding operational procedures
If this is for you, you can see all the details on the job and how to apply here,