Parry Sound 33 Update - Tuesday
By the evening of August 6, there were 44 active forest fires across the northeast. Of these, 18 are not yet under control, 26 are either being held, under control or being observed.
There were four new fires confirmed Monday, two of which are already been called out.
Parry Sound 33
- It is anticipated that only minimal growth occurred on this fire. It measures 11,362 hectares and is not yet under control.
- Although this fire received approximately 10 mm of rain, extremely dry fuel conditions remain.
- Firefighters took advantage of the precipitation, high humidity and low winds to continue consolidating hose lines around the perimeter. Crews continued to move inward to solidify control lines.
- The evacuation order issued by the Municipality of Killarney for residents in the areas of Travers, Allen, Struthers, Kilpatrick, Bigwood (including Hartley Bay Road), a portion of Mowat, the Unsurveyed Area, 14 Mile Island and French River Provincial Park still remains in effect. For information, call the municipality at 705-287-2424.
- The evacuation alert issued by the Municipality of French River for residents in the Alban area, west of the high powered hydro lines on Highway 64 is still in effect. For more information, call the municipality at 705-898-2294 or visit www.frenchriver.ca.
- For inquiries about French River Provincial Park restrictions: 705-857-1630 ext. 224.
- For inquiries about Grundy Lake Provincial Park closure: 705-383-2286 or 705-795-0803.
- Parry Sound and Sudbury districts information, including calls related travel restrictions or to the recommendation of these evacuations and alerts
Lady Evelyn Cluster
- North Bay 72
- Approximately 30 kilometers west of Temiskaming Shores
- 27,285 hectares
- Not under control
- Confirmed as starting on July 8
- This fire has not grown in size in the last 2 weeks.
- Helicopter bucketing continues to be utilized as needed.
- FireRanger crews continue to transition on and off the fire.