Voting is Underway!
Voters can cast their electronic ballot for the 2018 Municipal and School Board Election - anywhere, anytime - by visiting www.intvoting.com/GreaterSudbury2018 until Monday, October 22 at 8 p.m.
What you need to know:
- Residents will choose a Mayor, Ward Councillor and School Board Trustee. A list of candidates is available at www.greatersudbury.ca/elections.
- You can vote from your own computer, tablet or smartphone anytime during the entire voting period.
- If you prefer to vote in person:
- Voter Help Centres are setup in all library and Citizen Service Centre locations during regular business hours until Sunday, October 21. They provide in-person voting stations for residents who need help casting their electronic ballot.
- 23 Electronic Voting Locations will be open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Election Day, October 22. Voters can attend any of these locations to cast their electronic ballot. There are no assigned locations for voters.
- The election bus is a mobile voting location and will be making stops throughout the community until October 20. Residents can vote at any of the scheduled stops. The full election bus schedule can be found at www.greatersudbury.ca/wheretovote.
- A full list of voting locations is available at www.greatersudbury.ca/wheretovote.
- Free transit is available on Election Day. Simply tell the transit bus operator that you are going to, or returning from voting to ride the bus free of charge (this includes Handi-Transit and Trans-Cab services).
- To vote, you need your Voter Information Letter (VIL), which you should have received in the mail. The letter contains a unique Voter ID, PIN number and important information related to when and where to vote.
- If you have not received your VIL, visit any Voter Help Centre or Clerk’s Services at Tom Davies Square from October 15 to 21 during regular business hours or one of the 23 Electronic Voting Locations on Election Day, Monday, October 22, 2018 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. with ID to have your information updated or to register to vote.
- Resources for voters, including a step-by-step demonstration of how to vote on the electronic system, are available at www.greatersudbury.ca/elections.
- Unofficial election results will be available at electionresults.greatersudbury.ca once voting has closed on Election Day. Official results will be declared by the City Clerk in the days to follow.
- Follow the City on facebook at www.facebook.com/GreaterSudbury and twitter @GreaterSudbury for election information throughout the voting period.
Anyone with questions about the 2018 Municipal and School Board Election can call 311 or email email@example.com