Chaleur Regional Hospital Foundation announces $500K in fund-raising commitments
The Chaleur Regional Hospital Foundation is proving you can accomplish anything with a bit of hard work and dedication.
On Monday, February 6th, the foundation announced more than $543,617.00 in financial commitments from 14 donors as part of its Major Fundraising Campaign to raise $5 million over five years.
Funds raised will supplement an investment of more than $200 million by the province towards the renovation and modernization of the Chaleur Regional Hospital which includes:
- The modernization of patient rooms;
- Complete restructuring of the Mother/Child Program;
- Expansion and reorganization of the integrated ambulatory care units;
- Construction of a new auditorium for the transmission of knowledge.
Financial commitments announced on Monday:
- Chaleur Regional Hospital Auxiliary Inc. - $100,000
- The Windsor Foundation - $75,000
- Chaleur Sawmills Associates - $60,000
- McDonald's Family Restaurant, Bathurst - $50,000
- City of Bathurst - $50,000
- Knights of Columbus - Petit-Rocher council #8704 - $37,500
- Gowan Brae Golf & Country Club - $27,500
- Doucet's Landscaping - $25,000
- Leon's - $25,000
- Industrial Rubber Company - $25,000
- Kinsmen Club of Bathurst - $25,000
- Northern Star - $23,617
- Leo LeBlanc - $10,000
- Investment Planning Counsel - $10,000
Campaign Chair Rene Legacy says the initiative has raised over $3.5 million to date, or 70 per cent of its goal.
Meanwhile, the hospital showed off one of its new modernized private patient rooms.
The current three and four patient rooms are being replaced by private and semi-private rooms which boast increased infection control, privacy as well as reduced noise.
Registered nurse Ann Wilson says the rooms will result in a more pleasant stay for patients and improve staff's ability to provide superior care.