City of Bathurst hands out grants to local organizations
Bathurst council has decided which local organizations will receive grants this year.
The Bathurst Heritage Commission will receive $5,000 while $10,000 is earmarked for the Chaleur Regional Hospital Foundation as part of a commitment of $50,000 over a five years.
Approximately $3,100 remains in the city's grant account.
Mayor Paolo Fongemie says council will work on a grant policy to help citizens and organizations better understand how to apply for, and weather the qualify for funding.
2017 Grant Recipients:
- Bathurst Advisory Committee for Persons with Disabilities - $5,000.00
- Bathurst Archery Club - $250.00
- Bathurst Art Society - $2,000.00
- Bathurst Chamber Music Festival - $1,000.00
- Bathurst Heritage Commission - $5,000.00
- Bathurst Music Festival - $500.00
- BHS & ESN Bursaries - $1,000.00
- Canadian Council of the Blind-Maritime Games - $500.00
- Chaleur Transportation Cooperative - $2,000.00
- Chaleur Regional Hospital Foundation($50k/5yr) - $10,000.00
- Jeux de l'Acadie Foundation($15.4k/5yr) - $3,088.90
- Acadie-Bathurst Wrestling Club - $1,000