Man and woman charged with weapons and drug offences, stolen property recovered
The RCMP says a 33-year-old male and a 35-year-old woman, both from Rexton, have been arrested and charged with several offences after a search warrant was executed in Rexton.
Officers from the Southeast District RCMP's Crime Reduction Unit and the Richibucto Detachment executed a search warrant at a residence on North Street on Wednesday.
Police say they discovered and seized restricted firearms and knives, suspected methamphetamine pills, and stolen property including an ATV and tools.
RCMP say the man and woman were arrested at the residence.
Police say 33-year-old Malcolm Tyler Hannay and 35-year-old Zadrina Augustine appeared in court yesterday and were charged with the following offences:
- possession of restricted firearms and prohibited knives
- possession of restricted firearms and prohibited knives knowing it is unauthorized
- unsafe storage of a firearm and ammunition and prohibited knives
- possession of stolen property
- possession of methamphetamines
Both were remanded into custody and have a bail hearing scheduled today.
The RCMP says their investigation is ongoing.