New Brunswick's Premier weighs in on toxic workplace allegations plaguing CCNB
New Brunswick's Premier says the government won't be getting in the middle of an alleged toxic workplace controversy plaguing CCNB.
Speaking in Bathurst on Tuesday, Brian Gallant said it's a human resources issue so the government can't go into the details but adds an independent external inquiry launched by CCNB's board of governors appears to be the right approach.
Gallant says the board appears to be taking the matter seriously, noting several steps are being taken to ensure a fair approach for all involved.
Six senior staff, including CCNB-Bathurst director Paolo Fongemie sent a letter to the board earlier this year alleging a climate of mistrust, abuse of power and intimidation by CCNB's CEO.
(with files from the Acadie-Nouvelle)