Premier Higgs announces senior leadership changes
Primer Blain Higgs announced important changes to the senior ranks of government yesterday.
In a press release yesterday, the province says Jean-Marc Dupuis has been appointed chief operating officer, clerk of the Executive Council and head of the public service.
In his new role, Dupuis will be tasked with focusing on fiscal responsibility and real results to help provide more efficient program and service delivery within the public service.
Premier Higgs said, "We are a government of action and are focused on results and quality service, which is one of the reasons we have added the role of chief operating officer to the head of the public service."
The province says additional appointments and new assignments include:
- Hélène Bouchard will become acting president of the Regional Development Corporation in addition to her current role as acting deputy minister of Intergovernmental Affairs;
- Paul Greene will join the public service from the RCMP as deputy minister responsible for Communications within the Executive Council Office;
- Cheryl Hansen, will become deputy minister of Finance and Treasury Board;
- Thomas MacFarlane, currently assistant deputy minister of Social Development, will become deputy minister of Energy and Resource Development;
- Sadie Perron, currently assistant deputy minister of Agriculture, Aquaculture and Fisheries, will become deputy minister of Post-Secondary Education, Training and Labour; and
- Judy Wagner, currently Clerk to Executive Council, will become deputy minister of Policy and Legislative Affairs in addition to secretary to cabinet. She has also been appointed deputy minister of Aboriginal Affairs.