QMJHL holding awards and Hall of Fame induction gala tonight in Quebec City
The Quebec Major Junior Hockey League's annual Golden Puck Awards and Hall of Fame inductions go tonight in Quebec City.
The league will hand out awards like Rookie of the Year and Most Valuable Player and induct 5 new members to its hall of fame.
This year's Hall of Fame inductees include:
- Conn Smythe and two-time Stanley Cup victor, Brad Richards;
- Former Laval Titan and Habs defenseman, Francis Bouillon;
- Conn Smythe winner and Stanley Cup winner, Jean-Sébastien Giguère;
- Broadcaster, Gaston Therrien;
- Legendary referee Luc Lachappelle.
Commissioner Gilles Courteau says honouring these men gives the league a chance to reflect on how much it has been able to achieve over the past few decades.
Courteau says this is one of the only nights where competition is set aside in order to break bread as an extended hockey family.