Twelve UNI Financial branches to shut down by fall
A dozen UNI Financial branches in the province will be shut down by the fall due to declining customer traffic and a rise in the popularity of on-line banking.
The closures include branches in Allardville, Robertville and several in the Acadian Peninsula region:
- Allardville - closes November 29;
- Balmoral - closes 29 November;
- Grande-Digue - closes December 6th;
- Inkerman - closes November 22;
- Moncton Churchill Street - closes October 4;
- Pokemouche - closes November 22;
- Rivière-du-Portage - closes October 11;
- Robertville - closes October 11th;
- St. Francis of Madawaska - closes October 18;
- Saint-Isidore - closes on November 22;
- Sainte-Anne de Madawaska - closes December 6;
- St. Mary of Kent - closes October 4.
UNI Financial says no jobs will be lost as a result of the closures and that employees will be called in to work at nearby branches.
The company says customers will be directed to busier nearby branches and that ATMs will be installed in Saint-Isidore, Rivière-du-Portage and Pokemouche.
(with files from ICI Radio-Canada)