Caesars Windsor Cancels Hedley Concert
Caesars Windsor has pulled the plug on a Hedley concert scheduled for the Ontario venue next month.
It is the first venue to cancel an appearance by the band, which is on its cross-Canada Cageless tour while facing multiple allegations of sexual misconduct.
"We will not be making any further comments,” a spokesperson for Caesars said, in a statement.
Caesars Windsor is offering refunds for the March 11 show.
Earlier this week, an Ottawa woman came forward with claims that she was repeatedly raped in a Toronto hotel room in 2016 by lead singer Jacob Hoggard.
Hoggard’s lawyer Brian Shiller said in a statement that the singer and the woman “made a mutual plan to get together to have sex and they did just that” and “at no time did Jacob act badly or do anything without consent.”
Hoggard has not been charged with a criminal offence and none of the allegations has been tested in a court of law.
In previous statements, Hedley called allegations of sexual misconduct “unsubstantiated” and said “there are at least two sides to every story.” Admitting they previously “engaged in a lifestyle that incorporated certain rock and roll clichés” they insisted “there was always a line that we would never cross.”
Later, the band conceded: “Saying a rock'n'roll lifestyle was to blame - or saying certain things happened because we were younger - isn't good enough. We owe it to our families, our crew, our friends - and most of all, our fans - to do and be better.”
Hedley was dropped from the Juno Awards and their music has been removed from radio station playlists.