Céline Dion Cancels 3rd Show In A Week
Canadian singer Céline Dion cancelled another one of her shows in Las Vegas on Saturday night.
“I don’t know what to say, other than I’m truly sorry for having to cancel tonight’s show and the two shows from last week,” Dion said in a message shared on Facebook.
“Cancelling a show is the hardest thing I have to do, especially when I know that so many people have travelled far to see me in Las Vegas. This decision is not made lightly. When I’m not well, I always try to push through and I do everything I can to do my show.”
Dion pulled the plug on her shows at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace on Jan. 6 and 9 citing “doctor’s orders.”
She returned to the stage on Friday. Among those in the audience was singer Adele, who tweeted: “Queen Celine! What a show, an absolute highlight of my life, thank you so much for the attention to your crowd and insane humor.”
In her Facebook message, Dion said she “struggled to finish the show” and “it took everything out of me.” The singer said doctors advised her not to perform on Saturday.
“I know that I’m disappointing you, the people who support me the most and it hurts me beyond words,” she wrote. “I hope that you can forgive me.”
The official tweet about the cancellation said Dion “is suffering from throat irritation due to a cold” but is expected to resume performances on Jan. 16.
Last week, Dion announced that she is touring Asia this summer, after cancelling a tour of the region in 2014 to care for her ailing husband.
“We’re playing some countries for the very first time ever in my whole career,” she said in a video message, “as well as returning to some places that we have loved and played before.”
The tour consists of 10 concerts in seven cities in Japan, Macau, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand and Singapore between June 26 and July 23.
Sunday is the second anniversary of the death of Dion’s longtime husband and manager René Angélil.